Day Program Services
Day Program services include structured activities and supports to promote life-long learning, independence, community integration and self-esteem are the hallmarks of programming offered at agency locations in both Niagara and Cattaraugus County, including Niagara Falls, Wheatfield, Lockport, Olean, Allegany and Salamanca. All programming is based on the personal goals and desires of each individual adult. Services are intended to maximize participation in the community through community-based volunteer placements, recreation and career exploration opportunities.
The Day Habilitation Program is a community-based day program that offers both classroom and community instruction. The program focuses on teaching skills to encourage independence with the goal of transitioning into the workforce and/or into a more independent residential setting. The individualized and person-centered program is designed to encourage participants to work on skills such as laundry, personal hygiene, computer, household, and food preparation. In the community, the program participates in a variety of volunteer and recreational type activities that allow for growth in the areas of the community.
The Recreation program offers an opportunity for supervised access to local community events weekdays and other regional attractions. Events have included Bingo, Bowling, Movies, Theater productions, Sporting events, and Dining at local restaurants. The program also offers day, overnight, and vacation trips. These events have included Bills and Sabres games, Darien Lake, Splash Lagoon, Lancaster Opera House, and an Adirondack Mountain getaway.
- Assistance in personal hygiene, independent living skills, adaptive daily living skills, prevocational skills training and therapeutic recreation
- Medical Oversight, Nursing and nutrition services
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Psychiatric and psychological services – assessments, behavioral services, counseling
- Senior programming and geriatric assessments – state- wide acclaimed induvial programming and partnership with RSVP for senior volunteer placements
- State-of-the-art sensory programming including specialized rooms for seniors
- Community-based recreation activities
- Community-based volunteer opportunities – home delivered meals, day cares and nursing homes
- Fine arts program offered in both Niagara and Cattaraugus counties
- Camp Happiness (Niagara) – A traditional one-week camp experience for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities from Niagara County. It is offered at Camp Kenan on Lake Ontario through a collaborative effort of the Lockport Elks Lodge #41, the Lockport Family YMCA, and Intandem